ePortfolio- week 8

This week focused on exploring Common Sense Education.
For my Differentiating Instruction through Technology class I focused on learning more about Near Pod and I am happy to see that is on the list of approved technology for Kindergarteners. This section seems to be a great list of technology that I have never heard of. I would like to spend hours looking through each piece of technology to see if I can find any I would like to use in my own classroom. This semester I have realized that there are so much available technology that sometimes it can be overwhelming to determine which ones are worth putting time and effort into implementing into the classroom. It seems that with the help of Common Sense Education many of the resources have been rated and reviewed which would help me determine which I wanted to start using.
I found a list of 29 pages of resources. I was completely shocked to see so many on the list anywhere from emotional regulation, math, coding, and health and wellness.

Looking more into the website i found a tab called tips and resources. These are a few of the articles I found

Give every student a stake in group work
https://www.commonsense.org/education/teaching-strategies/give-every-student-a-stake-in-group-work
This section focused on using technology to make collaboration in the classroom more fair and promote the learning of every student. Within this page it has videos, articles, and discusses technology that my apply to the given idea.

Power up your Parent-Teacher Communication
https://www.commonsense.org/education/teaching-strategies/power-up-your-parent-teacher-communication
"Can apps and other digital tools make it easier to keep everyone- parents and students- in the loop?"
This section outlined the best apps and websites for improving parent-teacher communication, best messaging apps, links to EdTech showdowns presentations, and tips for parent teacher conferences.

Digital distraction
https://www.commonsense.org/education/teaching-strategies/dealing-with-digital-distraction-in-the-classroom
The main focus of this page is to explore if a device ban undermines 21st century learning? What is the best way to manage digital distractions in the classroom? The page offers links to articles about dealing with digital distraction and classroom management apps and websites.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final project- Week 12

ePortfolio-week 2

ePortfolio 6