ePortfolio 7

My own resource
If I were to make my own resource, I think it would need to be something that was engaging and simple to follow. I would use many different resources and means of presenting the information. I think it would be cool to make digital links from real life to the website. I was thinking about an Aura which is a virtual reality smart phone app that allows the user to scan a give object and more information about the given topic.

More info on other resources
Cyberwise
This is a resource for grownups who want to help youth use digital media confidently and safely. They give presentations and workshops, teach in person and online courses called Cyber Civics, appear on TV, radio and print, and produce simple videos, ebooks, and marketing campaigns.

Trace my Shadow
This tool is one that allows you to get a glimpse into the digital traces you’re leaving- how many, what kinds, and from what devices. While this seemed like a useful resource I found the website lacking information. I wanted to see an example or testimony from other uses but non was available.

                                       
Webonauts Internet Academy
This is a resource for younger students and parents. It consists of games and activities students can do at home. I am not sure how this could be incorporated into a classroom, but I am sure it could be done. This is a very user friendly and simple site to use. The only down side I can see is that children need to be able to read the prompts. The programs moto is observe, respect, and contribute.
I also liked that at one point it asked me to look at my arm pad J

Be internet Awesome

This is a website full of resources for digital safety. It focuses on the classroom at at home. Similarly, to Webonauts it has videos and games to help children and students learning digital citizenship. It seems to offer an entire curriculum for teachers to use and has them formatted for different operating processors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final project- Week 12

ePortfolio-week 2

ePortfolio 6